1043 cc

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.hpn.de ]

Abgeschickt von Matz Rosenquist am 31 Januar, 2002 um 14:27:15

Hi All!

I'm about to import a 2'nd-hand R80 GS Basic to Sweden. It's equippped with 1043cc HPN-cylinders, which is also stated in the German "KFZ.-Brief". The bike will not be able to be registred here due to the bigger capacity. There is the "gutachten" which allows the use of these cylinders in Germany, but it will not be accepted by the Swedish authorities.

To be able to register the bike I must either have a document from BMW stating that the bike applies to the rules regarding strength of the frame, braking power and the soundlevel. This document will not be given by BMW in Sweden. Or BMW Germany I suppose. The other possiblity is to re-convert the engine to std capacity (temporarily!), but that does not appeal to me for a number of reasons.

So my question to you all is: Is there anyone out there in BMW-land who's got a document I could use, issued by BMW and which states the frame and brakes does take the extra power of the bigger cylinders, and that I could show the Swedish authorities as proof??

Any suggestion will be appreciated!!

Holding my thumbs!!!

Rgds
Mr MR

Antworten:

Ihre Antwort

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Text:

Optionale URL:
Link Titel: