Re: Single seat for R80 GS Basic

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.hpn.de ]

Abgeschickt von kai haubold am 29 November, 2002 um 12:16:47:

Antwort auf: Single seat for R80 GS Basic von Matz Rosenquist am 29 November, 2002 um 11:33:31:

: Hi All!
: Is there anyone out there in GS Basic-land who's fitted a single seat?

: I own a Q-Tech prepared GS Basic fitted with a 33-liter G/S PD-tank and original rear frame and I would like to have the possibility to use a single seat.

: My idea is to keep the rear frame, use the single seat from an R100 GS PD (for comfort) and adapt the luggage rack from the combined single seat/rack from an R80 G/S PD. Reason is I want to keep the possibility to lock the single seat and also swap to the dual seat easily.
: It will take some bending and welding but that's no problem.

: Any ideas??

: Rgds
: Mr MR

Hi Mr MR,

as I understand you want to keep the original frame, installing single seat from GS and luggage rack from G/S single seat combination. Also you want to keep 32l PD-tank.
Good idea, but this doesn´t fit without some modifications.
1. single seat from GS doesn´t fit exactly to 32l G/S-PD-tank (the top needs to be modified)
2. single seat from GS doesn´t fit to luggage rack from G/S (for G/S the single seat and rack are mounted together by screews; for GS both parts are mounted seperatly on the rack)
3. You may have some problems to "click" your seat/rack-combi-idea into the lock of the original frame (the lengh may not match ...)

...but nothing is impossibl,
so long and good luck
Kai

Antworten:

Ihre Antwort

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Text:

Optionale URL:
Link Titel:
Optionale Bild-URL: