Re: cantilever schwinge

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.hpn.de ]

Abgeschickt von Jean Mx am 11 Januar, 2006 um 21:00:14

Antwort auf: cantilever schwinge von Pierre am 07 Januar, 2006 um 23:00:55:

Bonjour Pierre,

Sorry for the delay...
Few answer to your questions:
A)Who can rebuild this kind of frame? If you have lot and lot of money, you can surely find somebody who can do it for you. But in Germany, all vehicule (even bikes) have to go to a strict technical control every "x" years... and all on the bike have to be homologated (the famous TUV homologation). So preparator have to deal with that and they rarely make completly new frame...
These bikes where with custom made light and strong frame (1 piece, no removable rear-subframe). The same kind of frame was used on the Baja GS from Marlboro team... bike that were used (after "africanization) also during the Pharaon Rally 83 (or was it 84.. anyway the first one of the Marlboro team ... I have to look in my archive).

B)Where to find a BMW enduro bike from the late 70's or early 80's? I know and have seen only 2 of them. HPN have one (an official bike type 1979) and a italian guy have one (from BMW italia).
Where are the other???
Where is the beautifull one made by Laverda (at that time Laverda was working with and for BMW)???

C)Documents, I have some pics (in various size but unfortunately most of them are in quite low resolution and most of them are b/w) that I can sent you.
They were scaned from various magazines and some are personal shooting of the one from HPN.
You can find 1 small pic of the 1979 team on my web page:
http://www.micapeak.com/bmw/gs/gs_mono.html

As I know from the pics I have, the main (visible) difference between the 1979 and 1980 official BMW bikes is the exhaust. Low pipes with silencer on both side of the rear in 1979. Pipes going over the engine to a big silencer on left side of the bike in 1980.

D)For people who don't understand, what's a "BMW brioude 79/80"?
Brioude is a small town in central France where the ISDT (the famous 6 days of enduro) were organised in 1980. Result of of the +750cc category:
1. Rossel (D Maico) 5833,2 points
2. R. Witthöft (D BMW) 6447,4 points
3. K. Fisher (D BMW) 10624 points

Have lot of nice time doing your project bike!!!

Jean Moxhet
Belgique

Antworten:

Ihre Antwort

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Text:

Optionale URL:
Link Titel:
Optionale Bild-URL:

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.hpn.de ]